1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Reflections of passion..

Discussion in 'UHall' started by celticus, Feb 10, 2019.

1. celticus

celticus Babbling Loonie

This is a title from a Yanni musical. My Hero, a rags to riches world renowned composer and artist.
    Awesome musical on utube..Listen to it if you wish..Anyways.

We are all here passionate about this crazy game. We have proven it by staying on through so many upheavals through the years..

My question is : Is there a way we dedicated addicts can help bring in more subs?

Also : What has EA/BS done in terms of advertising the game?
    What media have they approached/advertized on?
    How do we encourage EJ's to sub?
    How do we spread the good word about the game?

Any thoughts appreciated.

2. PageBoy

PageBoy Journeyman

Nope, because this game has no appeal on the younger generations.
    You can bring back a vet for a couple of months, but you can’t convince a teenager to play “a sh*itty old 2d game with antique mechanics”

Times have changed and sadly UO belongs to the past

3. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Spirets of Yew Wood

Everyone loves crazy every now and then. Its human nature.

4. Coco_Zamis_DF

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Its/we aren't old, uo/we are the new vintage design.

celticus likes this.
  5. petemage

petemage Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I always liked to board new players onto the game when I was more active. But Devs do everything to stop that. Nowadays I can't even take an EJ player to my private home to make him a 70s suit. IMO you are wasting your time fighting against the development team and a large amount of vets that don't want any new players to possibly share stuff with. I stopped picking up new players though since it's not worth the time and frustration the Devs put onto me. Good luck!

The only advertisment I have seen in recent years was advertisment for a 3rd party gold seller on the official UO facebook page. Go figure..

celticus and Keith of Sonoma like this.
  6. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Grand Poobah

Ok if you're so paranoid that you can't set your house to public and let an EJ in, you're not exactly cut out to be a UO ambassador...sorry.

Victim of Siege likes this.
  7. petemage

petemage Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

A proper F2P experience would be start. But it needs to go hand in hand with a proper store concept. Right now there is little of interest to buy in the store. The whole thing is tailored to force someone coming for a F2P game into a Pay-to-play game. Good luck making that work.

But it has been said countless times already. Broadsword wants it exactly the way it is at the moment :bdh:

8. petemage

petemage Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry I live in Fel and dont want to make my house a locked borg cube.

It worked fine for years and years and dozens of people my friend, but for some reason it had to stop *shrugs*

GarthGrey likes this.
  9. Pawain

Pawain I Hate Skilling

We have a new player on LS that is on EJ. It is ridiculous that they can't use BOD books and get colored resources. Because some vets think people script those.

Anybody that has played a lot has all those resources. Who cares if someone can get BODs. The players themselves sell the BOD rewards too cheap. It is not because of scripting.

EJ accounts should be able to do everything except own houses and have their bank hold 50 items.