1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] reforging actually ..70% hit area effect

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by TimberWolf, Feb 15, 2016.

1. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

what hammer and settings would I use to reforge a 70% hit area effect boomerang. I understand the hit effect will be random,,,ie could be hit cold or hit energy etc

2. TimberWolf

ok for any interested ..further research turned up this

use copper hammers 3 charges vicious of slaughter

3. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I couldn't achieve this with just three charges. Vicious of Slaughter seems to take four.

With a bronze hammer, Powerful re-forging, inspired artifice, Vicious of Slaughter, 4 charges I got a useful weapon.

Hit Energy Area 70%, Swing Speed Increase 30%, Damage Increase 40%.

I'll try copper again.

edit - found some copper hammers. Eventually made a Hit Energy Area 70% , Damage Increase 40% using powerful re-forging, inspired artifice, Vicious of Slaughter, 4 charges.

#3 hen, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  4. TimberWolf

take it off powerful and you will get 70 hit effect and 40 di only with 3 charges on copper

5. WhiteWitch

WhiteWitch Seasoned Veteran

Ok to be clear here, you have actually reforged a THROWING weapon and produced 70% hit area on it?

I ask because I tried this endlessly on test and was unable to get any sort of high hit area, and there are other posts here claiming the same and that this issue is either intended or a bug and its not possible to do this on ranged weapons.

6. TimberWolf

You are correct we were attempting to do this a few different ways with a few different weapons. The boomer rangs were a fail...I think the highest we got was hit 40 or 50%. I know I have hit 50% on many of my bows. But we were ultimately able to achieve 70% with some mele weapons

WhiteWitch likes this.