1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] Reforging. How to

Discussion in 'Craftsman's Data Chest' started by CorwinXX, Mar 23, 2012.

1. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

powerful

2. jopromol

jopromol Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Reviving this old (but extremely helpful) thread to ask if anyone has found good use for bronze runic hammers?

3. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I use bronze to make metal parts with 150 luck and 4 DCI.

jopromol likes this.
  4. jopromol

jopromol Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks DJ- I've been using copper so that'll help me a ton

5. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie

Is it really possible to reforge 10LMC shields? Ive never seen one.
    WOuld be great if i could do that!

6. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie

Im trying to make a wooden shield for my luck suite.

I would like for the shield to have 150 luck and one or two of the following: MR, LMC, HPR, Damageeater, Soul CHarge, HPI etc. And i would like to still have room to add SC. Just SC no FC1.

Any advice on what runic to use and what options in the reforging to go for?

7. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

I think you'll want to use the 25 charge saw (yew?) and then choose the Ausipcious/Fortune title, and whatever gives you the best mix of stuff you want - you've chosen some things in different packages there.

It might take you quite a few charges, but I am pretty sure you can do what you want. I used a similar process to make my dexxer shield using agapite hammers.

Also, I'm nearly sure 10LMC shield is possible - try a copper hammer using powerful and one of the mage packages (mystic or wizard).

8. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie

I cuoldnt find any Yew Saws on my server im afraid. I tried to make them with Ash runic and choose Auspicious/of fortune and Mystic/Wizardry but didnt get any with 150 luck. I went trought and reforget 60 shields.
    Best i got was 130 Luck and 4 LMC but not a signle one with 150 luck.
    Does any one know if its possible with ash runics at all? Or do i really need only Yew for this task?

I even bought some heartwood runic but those saws doesnt let me chose auspicious/of fortune at all for some reason. This intended?

9. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

This is, ultimately, the problem with trying for a "specific" item with the higher hammers. As the hammer gets 'better', they get less and less "controllable".

I would wager pretty heavily that with an ash saw it is not possible, or if it is possible, it is fantastically rare.

Here's the thing though: be ready to use a lot of Yew saws. I have quite a few on CHessy if you want to buy them, and can get them shipped/traded to you wherever you happen to be.

10. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie

Thanks Tuan but im on europa. Found 20+ Saws on atlantic and i think i can have a friend bring em over in a day so i try my luck.

And jsut to make sure. This is what i should chose in the menu right?
    [​IMG]

Adn just so i understand you correctly. Heartwood runics cant chose the Auspecious/of fortune seting?

11. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Those are the settings that I would choose.

Maybe Heartwood can choose it, but you're guaranteed to get too many properties to imbue later with SC. With Yew you can get a 3 or 4 property shield that is pretty good.

That's how I made my dexxer shield. I got 10 SSI, 2 dex, 4 stam, 25 DI by choosing Haste/Vicious packages, then I still had room to imbue 15 DCI.

So, you're shooting for something like 150 luck, 2 MR, 6 LMC, and you might even get the SC from the reforge...

Be prepared to use a lot of saws. The hard part will be 150 luck. My advice is if you get 140 and a nice mix of other mods, keep it. The total difference that 10 luck makes is... quite small. For instance, the difference between 2500 and 2510 luck is a whopping 0, because of rounding to the nearest whole number. So the most difference 10 luck would make is 1% chance to increase loot.

12. Ioan Septim

Ioan Septim Visitor

Hello all.

I need HFA 70% on my double axe and i reforge this way: powerful reforging > grand artifice > inspired artifice > vicious/of slaughter. Am i doing right? I use copper hammers and burned plenty of them allready, just want to be sure i am not mistaken and burn the other ones i have left :D

13. ladyhauwke

ladyhauwke Visitor

Hi all. So I'm thinking I must be blind. I read through this thread and I think I looked at all the charts and I do not see a chart for horned. Now I did see that horned=golden but I don't see a chart for golden either. Is anyone still reading this? Thanks!

Tabby Kapak likes this.
  14. Cocaine1

Cocaine1 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Didn'f found this on the forum by search and just tested on TC:
    Q: What runic are able to reforge Reactive Paralize on weapon ( 2-h sure ) ?
    A: Shadow runic -Towering of Aegis-3 charge.

Didnt tested for shield but belive its the same.

15. arthassp

arthassp Visitor

I still dont get it, why cant I add HCI +5 (I only get +4, and when I get +5 it comes with another property) on armor, ive spent so many spined runic kit and nothing yet.

16. Ford Taunus

Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend K/K

Keep on trying. Remember use powerful.