1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Author Wes Locher has teamed up with Stratics for a giveaway of his new book Braving Britannia. This book explores the history and impact of Ultima Online and includes interviews from current and past dev team members as well as many UO and Stratics community members. Click here for more details!
    Dismiss Notice

Returning player years absent, couple housing questions

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Jhaelyrr, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Jhaelyrr

Jhaelyrr Visitor

Hi, all

I was wondering if there's been any changes to the rules for housing in the last 8 or so years - is there still a one house per account limit in place? And how is the refreshing of a house being done (Or does that even happen now, ie: IDOCs)?

I'm sure I could go dig it up on an online guide somewhere, but I'm finding various aged docs that don't quite match up and I'd rather confirm with live players :)

Thanks!

2. belkins

belkins Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

3. Archnight

Archnight Legendary Crusader
    Moderator Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Supporter Kingdom Reborn [2.0]

Technically you can have three houses per account...
    1. Atlantic or any other prodo shard
    2. Siege Perilous or Mugen
    3. Test Center
    Refreshing is usually done automatically and your account needs to remain active, if not your home(s) will start to decay after 90 days

4. Jhaelyrr

Jhaelyrr Visitor

Thanks! Glad to hear I can drop a little ugly shack next to someone's castle on Siege and have a place on GL or Atlantic too.

Shame about the IDOCs. Camping those in Felucca back in the day was a riot when they finally fell. Appreciate the quick response.

Kayhynn likes this.
  5. Archnight

Archnight Legendary Crusader
    Moderator Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Supporter Kingdom Reborn [2.0]

I think the timer was changed to 15 hours for those... fun when your there and it drops, however not fun when your waiting for hours and get nothing :(

6. Scribbles

Scribbles Long Live The Players
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

This true, However, if you try to resize your atl house while having a house on siege or test it can bug out and not let you place. I do not recommend keeping a siege or test center house if you arent going to use them often.

House will fall after entering in danger in 1 of three time slots.
    1. 5 hours
    2. 10 hours
    3. 15 hours.

If there is a server down during this time you need to at around 15 minutes depending on the server.
    If there is a revert after server down you need to add that time as well. This time is hard to figure out unless you were actively playing/watching a couple hours to server down.

If a house has vendors on it it may go osi based off who owns the vendors.
    If the house owner owns the vendors as well the house will drop like normal.
    If the house owner rented out vendors to other accounts the house will go OSI.

Once OSI houses have the tendency to randomly fall. Most make it to fairly worn but after that there seems to be some bugs that cause to fall before completing the cycle. Even if it does complete the cycle and go to in danger it may not fall at 1. 5 hours 2. 10 hours 3. 15 hours.

These changes were made from a system that worked perfectly for years that the devs "intentionally" changed after a severe duping incident "correction" caused idocs to go nuts.
    Basically the devs "fixed" an exploit which caused idoc timers among other things involving time to go hay wire. After words they came up with a completely new system for idocs. Some good changes that came out of that were private houses, so scripters couldnt put a trial account at every good item in the house. Also they changed trial accounts to be able to not pick up items from idocs. Though there is speculation that there is an exploit for that out.

Archnight likes this.
  7. Morgana Grim

Morgana Grim Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have had this happen. I think if I remember correctly was a demo then trying to replace in another location. Paged and the GM was nice enough to explain if I dropped the Siege house, it would clear. Yes it was a pain to have to drop a house in order to put the prodo shard house back...but it worked. Replaced the Siege house after getting the prodo house sorted out and all was well again.

8. Finley Grant

Finley Grant Crazed Zealot
    Campaign Supporter

You cannot do housing of any kind right. Now because the devs turned it off