1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Roofing tiles, missing and/or wrong orientation

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Ezekiel Zane, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So I've never really got into the roofing tiles too much. Certainly far from and experienced roofer.
    Today while designing a house I decided to do a hip style roof instead of a simple gable roof.

Here are some pics of the roof with the four sides completed. Unfortunately the hip tiles do not fit correctly. To be honest it appears that they are upside down.

UOSA0102.jpg UOSA0103.jpg

The first image shows the south-east intersection. If you look at the shape of the tile, it looks pretty clear to me that it's upside down. Am I right?

The second image shows the north-west intersection. It also appears to be upside down.

Same for the south-west and north-east intersections. They don't fit properly and appear to be upside down.

You have got to be kidding me. Has this seriously been broken since 2003 or am I missing something?

2. Ezekiel Zane

I checked all the other roof tile sets and everyone of them except the "ceramic" set is broken. The artwork for the pieces is upside down.

CERAMIC SOUTH-EAST TILE UOSA0104.jpg

You can clearly see it's the correct shape AND orientation to be the south-east hip roof piece.

3. Ezekiel Zane

HERE IS WHAT IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE, USING THE CERAMIC ROOF TILE SET

UOSA0105.jpg

4. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

yah, they pitch in instead of out, meant for \ / ..... so much of what is possible is not because of missing pieces

5. Ezekiel Zane

This is just another sad and pathetic example of something that should have been fixed immediately, many years ago. I realized roof tiles weren't part of the original house customization but they were added with Samurai Empire in 2004. Fifteen years broken. Absolutely disgusting!

6. Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Tarragon Slayer/MZB Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

This has nothing to do with needing to fix. It's simply so that not all tiles offer the same possibilties. Check the very practical roofing 101 to see which tiles offer what.
    By the way, I like how you solved the problem, using a different tile. It adds a touch of playfulness which I miss in many designs.

7. Finley Grant

Finley Grant Crazed Zealot
    Campaign Supporter

Iam fairly certain you have all the tiles needed in the lighter grey