1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Sampire Macros?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Fenbay, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Fenbay

Fenbay Adventurer

I've seen several responses inside different threads, but I haven't seen a consolidated thread. Granted I'm a newb so could be user error.

Would anyone be willing to share some of his or her macros for fighting with a samphire? Either client is fine, but I typically use EC now when fighting stuff. I know my macros aren't setup properly which leads to some deaths from not swinging etc.

Thanks in advance!

2. Obsidian

Obsidian Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

F1 - Honor
    F2 - Enemy of One
    F3 - Consecrate Weapon
    F4 - Counterstrike or Momentum Strike
    F5 - Primary Weapon Special
    F6 - Secondary Weapon Special
    F7 - Evasion
    F8 - Holy Light
    F9 - Consecrate Weapon (on self)
    F10 - Cleanse by Fire (on self)
    F11 - Close Wounds (on self)
    F12 - Confidence

This is what I run on most all of my sampires. I also have a macro for sacred journey that brings me to the default location on my primary runebook. I have this set as cntrl-`. This is absolutely not the only way to setup macros. Note, I chose counterstrike on characters with a whirlwind weapon and momentum strike on those without a whirlwind weapon. I also don't use divine fury. Most all of my warriors start the same way for F1, F2, F3, F5 and F6. F4 varies between momentum strike, counterattack and lightning strike. F7 for sampires is always evasion. F8 is my area effect spell. On my Necro-Mage this is always wither. On some mages it is nether cyclone or earthquake. On characters with chivalry, it is always holy light. My F9 through F12 are used for some sort of healing. I use the same setup on my mages where F9 is bless (on self), F10 is arch cure (on self), F11 is greater heal (on self), and F12 is either spirit speak or use healing stone. So you can see the consistency in my macros across all my characters. This helps me play multiple characters and always know how the macros are setup.

I also have a default for bandage self and it is spacebar. Of course, I don't typically use this on my sampires, but characters with healing. I have used spacebar to mount my swamp dragon when I get dismounted. This is useful for places like Khaldun with the level 4 and champ spawn often dismounting me. I also use my number pad to change weapons. I don't have a dress macro on a key, because in EC I just click on the icon, but I could add that if I wanted.

I don't key these, but I have these in EC hotbars. They include vampric embrace, valor, sacrifice, the same spells for F9-F12 except set to cursor. I also have my noble sacrifice handy. I have my mouse scroll up set to target last and my scroll down to target self.

Hopefully that helps. I'm interested to see what other sampires use too. Below is a quick cutout of my macros from Obsidian, my main sampire.

Obsidian_Macros.png

Innoxicated and Tabby Kapak like this.
  3. Lord GOD(GOD)

Lord GOD(GOD) Certifiable

I have a few macros that are the same on every character:

Last object
    Last spell
    Open door
    All names

Specifically for a sampire I'd also have:

Evasion
    Confidence
    Lightning strike
    Counter attack
    Momentum strike
    Invoke virtue honour
    Enemy of one
    Divine fury
    Consecrate
    Close wounds
    Cleanse by fire
    Remove curse
    Dispel evil

If it's a ninja sampire I'd also have:

Mirror image
    Animal form
    Focus attack

I also have:

Primary special move
    Secondary special move
    Open paperdoll (to rubber band yourself)
    Last target (on mouse wheel)
    Target self (on mouse wheel)

The new system's target nearest hostile, toggle whirlwind, attack last to use after aggroing everything with open paperdoll and running into the middle.

If it's a ranged sampire or wammy I'd use the old targeting system's attack next, toggle momenum strike, attack last. Or depending on level it can be better to manually attack a ranged target while hitting momenum on a group next to you as you can get hit area going off in two areas.

#3 Lord GOD(GOD), Nov 28, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  4. Ford Taunus

Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend K/K

My most used macro with sampire is "Honor next and attack".
    At EC you can do it different ways but here is one:
    Put actions as:
    1) Honor
    2) Wait for target
    3) Target nearest enemy (Usually you want enemy here)
    4) Cursor target current
    5) Attack current target

Makes life lot easier

Obsidian likes this.
  5. Fenbay

Fenbay Adventurer

Thanks guys. Some of this is very helpful as I think I have had some targeting issues in the past using my own macros for attack.

Innoxicated and Ford Taunus like this.
  6. Nero

Nero Adventurer

I am using the enhanced client and a laptop computer keyboard with a standard two button mouse that got a scroll wheel I can press (mouse button 3) as well as move up & down and tilt left & right. I am using the "x-mouse button control" program for the latter, as the enhanced client does not let me assign hotkeys for this.

As I am right handed, I usually rest my left hand around the "ASDF" keys on the keyboard, from where I can quickly reach any important hotkey. On a side note, most keyboards have a special physical mark on the "F" key (as well as "J" key) nowadays, it is thus easy to find or verify the correct "ASDF" position without looking at all.

I am not into pvp, so my setup is for pvm only. Also, I am playing solo, meaning no team / guild interaction hotkeys.

I generally copy-paste the character profile files in the enhanced client folder from my mage to my dexxer templates (or vice versa) and just replace the spell hotkeys in the "QWER", "ASDF", and "ZXCV" rows as well as the weapons/spellbooks in the 123 etc. row.

i am barely using potions/food/rose of trinsic/etc., thus no macros for that. I usually just put such items in a supersized hotbar, which I manually click with the mouse.

Here are my hotkeys:
    _____

- mouse scroll wheel click (mouse button 3): attack current target + cursor target current
    - mouse scroll wheel up: target next enemy
    - mouse scroll wheel down: target previous enemy
    - mouse scroll wheel tilt left: attack last cursor target + cursor target last
    - mouse scroll wheel tilt right: target nearest enemy + cursor target current + attack current target (automatically attacks and, if active, drops cursor target spell/virtue/skill on nearest enemy)

- QWER: defensive spells (heal, cure, debuffs etc.)
    - ASDF: offensive spells (direct or semi-direct damage spells)
    - ZXCV: other spells (dispel, buffs, summons etc.)

(note: If I run out of keys on the keyboard, I also use shift+QWER / control+QWER for defensive spells, shift+ASDF / control+ASDF for offensive spells, and shift+ZXCV / control + ZXCV for other spells. That allows me to put up to 36 spells on my designated spell hotkey section, which in reality I will likely never ever need.

- F1,F2, F3, etc.: pet interactions (mount, dismount, all attack, all follow me etc.)

- 1, 2, 3, etc.: change weapons/spellbooks/instruments (usually primary, secondary, tertiary weapons/spellbooks/instruments and then the super slayers)

- ~ (left of "1" on my keyboard layout): bank guards etc.
    - TAB (no change): war mode on / off
    - CAPS LOCK: close all healthbars + close all containers + close all corpses + clear target queue + cancel cursor target
    - SPACEBAR: vacuum + drop what you're currently holding + open door + target self + all names

- control + WINDOWS KEY: last object
    - alt + WINDOWS KEY: last spell
    - shift + WINDOWS KEY: last weapon

- control + SPACEBAR: skill 1
    - alt + SPACEBAR: skill 2
    - shift + SPACEBAR: last skill

- shift + control (no change): show object handles (usually to manually loot or to check all names during combat)
    - shift + CAPS LOCK: autoloot (I usually open all corpses with shift + control and use the abovementioned vacuum hotkey, but sometimes I find it more convenient to use this autoloot macro that goes like this: target nearest object + use current object + vacuum + delay + close corpses)

- T: bandage self/pet (I set it to self or stored in the hotbar depending on my template)
    - Y: bandage cursor (mostly to resurrect others)

- G: mastery spell/move 1
    - H: mastery spell/move 2

- B: special weapon attack 1
    - N: special weapon attack 2

- alt + ~: honor virtue (peace mode + honor + cursor target current)
    Note: If I do not have a current cursor target, I can simply use one of the scroll wheel targeting actions described above. I also add disarm weapon inside this macro when I am on my archer.
    - control + ~: sacrifice virtue

- On the right side of my keyboard, I am using hotkeys for which I have to use my right hand, so I put macros I do not often use or those I do not want to press accidently during combat, e.g. recall to house, toggle item insurance, etc.

- I am using the legacy hotkey assignments (alt + ....) for interface interactions, e.g. alt + R: radar, alt + P: paperdoll etc.

#6 Nero, Nov 28, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    Innoxicated likes this.
  7. chester rockwell

Stratics Veteran

If you aren't using open paperdoll, you are missing out on a lot of time-saving.

dingomate likes this.
  8. Obsidian

Obsidian Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

This macro is the bomb! Thanks for sharing.

Ford Taunus likes this.
  9. Xel N'Jare

Xel N'Jare Adventurer

Yep, I'll be revisiting this thread soon...

10. Fenbay

Fenbay Adventurer

Is there an open paperdoll macro available in the EC? What would an effective macro look like using it?

11. Igorrr Cernunnos

Please teach me how to save time

What does opening the paperdoll do?
    How am I to do it? Just once in a room? Twice? Several Times?
    Do I need to be in war mode?

I know that most people just KNOW, but I don't understand how or why. When giving advice please consider that some of the readers such as myself are clueless.

chester rockwell likes this.
  12. Igorrr Cernunnos

How do you agrro things by opening paperdoll? How often do I open paperdoll? It just makes me feel like I am lagging... I know im painfully clueless but please give a brief step by step how to aggro everything.

13. Lord GOD(GOD)

Rubber banding is similar to what happens when you try to walk into a house that is private and you bounce back from the steps.

Opening the paperdoll while moving does the same thing, and like Teleporting into the middle of a group of enemies will aggro everything on you, this means nearest hostile macro works because everything will be hostile.

You open it as often as there's new spawn to draw and you need them to aggro on you. One open will aggro everything on screen.

Innoxicated and chester rockwell like this.
  14. Nero

Nero Adventurer

In the EC, create a macro in which you insert open paperdoll + insert a delay and set it to 0.5 seconds or so depending on your ping + insert open paperdoll again.

On that note, there is nearly no rubberband effect in the EC, perhaps as the healthbars of the mobs are automatically updated anyway, and I cant get anything aggroed on me this way.

However, you can activate automatically attack anything selected if in war mode in the EC. I use the mouse scroll wheel to flip through "next targets", this way aggroing a bunch of mobs.

chester rockwell likes this.
  15. Max Blackoak

Max Blackoak Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

it works perfectly in the EC. My guess is you were standing still while closing/opening your paperdoll. You have to make sure you are moving around while using the paperdoll macro, then you will get the rubberband effect and everything will aggro on you.

Nero likes this.
  16. celticus

celticus Babbling Loonie

So its just opening the paper doll, not open and the close it..then reopen etc.

17. kaio

kaio Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

When you open paperdoll you get agro.
    So you kinda have to close it to open it again, because you want the effect multiple times, its not like you open paperdoll and for the rest of day you get auto agro.

18. celticus

celticus Babbling Loonie

Problem with open-closing is that the paperdoll goes all over the place lol. I was hoping its just opening and moving as it may be that the paperdoll stays static.

19. Lord GOD(GOD)

You don't need to close it, and if you uncheck offset gumps in the options it stays where you put it, I put mine off to the right so it's not covering anytime.

20. celticus

celticus Babbling Loonie

This is good info! Ty!

21. Innoxicated

Innoxicated Journeyman

Having uniform macros sounds like a great idea, especially for a player who takes long breaks away from UO or switches between many different characters. I do something similar, where casters have common spells mapped to the same keys. Dexers also but a different subset. I guess you could say I dwell in the ASDF region, and use a LOT of modifier keys.

- A is always hide/invis on self
    - ctrl+A is precast invis

W is for Heals!
    - W is always primary heal on self, this could be gheal, cleansing winds, close wounds, or bandage.
    - ctrl+W is precast primary heal
    - alt+W is secondary heal: mini-heal or close wounds for chars with bandies
    - shift+W is supplemental heal: confidence for bush, gift of renewal for SW
    - ctrl+alt+W is spirit speak for anyone with that skill

- F is the same as above, but target current rather than target self for playing in a group

Q is for cures!
    - Q is always primary cure: gcure or cleanse by fire, or healing stone
    - alt+Q is fast cure on casters, remove curse for chiv
    - ctrl+Q is precast primary cure

- E / R are primary/secondary special
    - alt+ E / R are lightning strike/momentum strike

- R is teleport for casters
    - alt+R is teleport (or rel por scroll) if they use weapon specials

- Z is most important summon, EV or RC
    - alt+Z is secondary summon, EV or natures fury
    - shift+Z is mass dispell

I use the top row number keys for frequently used damage spells for casters, usually with alt+ for a smaller, quicker spell of the same element. For dexers I use the top row number keys for chivalry.

The F keys are for other damaging spells, F4 is always AoE, on my necromage its wither with alt+F4 being essence of wind. The last 4 F keys are the big mage/mystic AoE's.

I also use ~ for my most important spammable, 'honor nearest; attack last' for bushido dexers. Evil omen for my necromage, with alt+~ being corpse skin.

- ctrl+alt+space is equip suit, which is super handy after a self res with a lot of mobs around

- ctrl+shift+space is equip luck suit, also very handy for a quick switch right before that last hit.

... my tamer vet macros are all on V, with many many modifiers to vet most wounded, vet nearest, vet next

I would love to see an implementation in EC either through the devs or a custom UI that would allow you to target nearest boss, or target by HP maybe... you can sort of do this in pinco's by using filters on the mobiles hotbar, but it is not very effective and certainly not intuitive.

And HOLY CHRIST loool I've heard about 'open paperdoll' so many times, and had no clue what or why people thought it was so useful. Ive been running into spawn spamming "target next; attack last" to frustratingly little effect for years. This is amazing rofl... the things you learn on stratics!!

So does opening your paperdoll broadcast your location to nearby hostiles while standing still, too? Or is it just the rubber banding?

#21 Innoxicated, May 31, 2019
    Last edited: May 31, 2019
  22. Lord GOD(GOD)

Just the rubber banding

dingomate likes this.
  23. North_LS

North_LS Journeyman

i have a razor keypad with the following mapped:

top row: various bush stances, close wounds, cleanse by fire
    second row: onslaught, weapon specials
    third row: remove curse, EOO, divine fury, consecrate weapon
    bottom row: lightning strike, momentum strike, honor, paperdoll
    thumb key: macro to target nearest mobile / honor / target last / attack last

have last target and target self bound to mouse wheel up and down.