1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Satyr Trick

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Daknife, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Daknife

Daknife Visitor

I've used the Satyr Trick numerous times but now when I try it I get discorded and it drops immediately after leaving Twisted Weald. Or, if I stay in TW and cast inviz it drops as soon as i lose aggro. Did they "fix" it?

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

My experience is that it was "fixed" about 5-6 years ago - at least in the way you're trying it.

You have to stay in the Weald, invis but immediately become back visible by moving. Anything longer than a second (or less?) invisible will break the disco from the satyr. Leaving the weald breaks it (one of the first fixes they applied), as does leaving direct line of sight of the satyr (though that lasts a little longer). Around the same time they shortened the time you could be invisible and stay discoed. As a result it became a matter of timing. It's harder to do, but still possible. You got to break aggro but stay danger close to the satyr - close enough that if the aggro doesn't break you might still get attacked.

3. TheGrimReefer

TheGrimReefer Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I usually lead the satyr to the enterance then when he discos me ill run threw the sparkle and back in. Then just follow the satyr.

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I used to do that too, Grim, but it stopped working for me about 2013 or so.

While they didn't mind too much people using that for a training method, they were concerned that it was too easy, and made a couple change back then to up the risk-vs.-reward of it.

Of course, part of the difficulty for me is that between my physical abilities and system/connection issues, I've never been able to complete the experimental room, so it's possible I'm the one with delays built in that makes things more difficult.