1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Searing Wounds....Ore Elementals

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Synbad, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Synbad

Synbad Sage

Was wondering if searing wounds can kill all ore elementals? Thank you

2. Meat Elemental

Meat Elemental Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I know it kills the Shadow iron elemental

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

3. Mordha

Mordha Seasoned Veteran

It will also kill Gregorio as well as the shadow elemental
    I had a pet with that ability, it was rough skilling it

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

So, yes... Yes it will.

Reminder of the various ele types:

DC (desert, Yomotsu and Terort Skitas spawn): High physical and HP; only has 2 ore, not the 25 of others.
    Shadow: Immune to most magic, pets. Things known to affect it - Earthquake, Searing Wounds - possibly others.
    Copper: 50% reflect magic and melee back to sender.
    Bronze: ranged "steam" attack
    Gold: *
    Agapite: *
    Verite: Has the ability to insta-break any item on the attacking PC, as long as the item isn't blessed, insured or cursed.
    Valorite: ALL of the above.

* These have no active special ability (much like the DC), but have higher stats (either HP, resists, or STR). Forget which has which at the moment, and don't feel like looking.

5. Synbad

Synbad Sage

Valorites too? So an ore elemental hunter could kill every ore elemental type just by using a fire beetle with searing wounds?

6. celticus

celticus Babbling Loonie

**Ding, Ding!! a little bell in my head rings!!**
    Thanks! Sounds like a great idea for farming high ores! Also OOPS the secret is out! And..A nerf hovercraft is heard heading this way!..(Hope not!):)

7. Synbad

Synbad Sage

Oh crap! I should've kept my big mouth shut!

8. celticus

celticus Babbling Loonie

Naw..Youre ok. Is there any place that high-end or valorite elementals spawn . other than gargie pickaxe summoned ones?

9. Basara

Moderator Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Nope; not been natural spawn of eles higher than Shadow Iron since LBR, if not earlier.

The only exception was during the Bell, book & candle events from about 10-12 years ago, where the area north/northwest of Compassion Desert was overrun with ore elementals, and my guild of combat miners (who dug for ore elementals for a living) rocked that event.

10. Ptolemy

Ptolemy Visitor

11. Ptolemy

Ptolemy Visitor

gold eles in blackthorns

12. Basara

Yeah, those too - I've even done posts about them. Just slipped my mind. But those are a recent exception, and have no difference combat-wise from an earth elemental other than higher stats.

Copper, Bronze, Verite and Valorite eles all have 1 or more special offensive and/or defensive powers (Agapites just are harder to kill). And, none of those spawn except from garg picks and EM events (some EMs love amped up Valorite elementals because of their pet/spell immunities and damage reflect).