1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Slime Sightings

Discussion in 'UO Oceania' started by Katlene, Dec 18, 2008.

1. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

Just in from the UO Herald as copied below:

:p

2. Katlene

Katlene Guest

Ahh excellent thanks soulstoner.
    Nice to see the devs are back at work hehe

3. Fink

Fink Guest

They're also reverting Tokuno pigments on swamp dragon barding to plain iron... not sure about slime dyes.

4. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

found em!!! On Atlantic right now they are in Sorcerer's dungeon .. on 2nd level in the large circular room with Acid ele, Lich Lord and Blood ele -- lol (not for the feint at heart) --- 2 new shade titles showing.... don't wanna spoil the color surprise atm ... still earthy tones though :)

5. RichDC

RichDC Guest

It is stated in another post that both types of swamp armour dying was not intended and will be reverted.

Glad to hear they didnt go all Neon with these acid dyes!!!

6. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

Yeah the invul blue swampy is hideous .... Glad the warning on the barding deeds is out ... Vendors still with deeds +/- a mill....

I recall reading early on within the test shard postings that a hot pink slime spawned ... I did see a gorget for sale on a vendor that was hot pink the other day ... can't imagine how else a hot pink shade wouldah happened.... at least we're rest assured no hot pink swampies will be bopping around ... the newer shades i spotted this morning in Sorcerer's Dungeon are nifty and easy on the eyes. Following the most direct path to level 2 one will not encounter the Balron(s) and it is possible to lure the lich lord, Poison & Acid eles to the most easterly room for more friendly dying.

7. Katlene

Katlene Guest

some people have leather dye tubs that use normal tub colours apparently. Ive had a pair of pink leather gloves for a long while now, no idea why the only colour ive seen is pink though.
    Im not so sure i want to go exploring that place for slimes heh. bit hairy scary!! youd need one lot of ppl to kill while others slimed!

8. tymbow

tymbow Guest

I tried. It sucks. They respawn very fast and as they are all potent spellcasters a few Flame Strikes and it's all over for you. You may be able to lure them out of the room then invis etc. but I was on my warrior and had no capability to try that.

9. Katlene

Katlene Guest

def need more then 1 person

10. Dain

Dain Guest

The leather dye tubs that are normal dye colours are a bugged item that have been around for about a year now.

There's quite a lot of armor floating around those colours; a few of the SSO members have some red armor from them I believe.

I have a few green and pink bits.

You can buy the tubs on US shards for 90-100m

11. Katlene

Katlene Guest

no good to us on oce though eh lawl.

12. Katlene

Katlene Guest

All Shards Published
    Joanne Laroche
    07 Jan 2009 17:44:18

All shards will be published during their next regularly scheduled maintenance. Here are the notes:
    The Slime Event will be extended until January 24th.
    Slimes will now switch locations every 3 days.
    New hues will be available.
    Barding deeds can no longer be colored with Tokuno dyes.
    Barding deeds can no longer be recycled.
    All swamp dragons with Tokuno dyed barding armor will be reverted to iron.
    All dyed barding deeds will be reverted to iron.

13. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

Has anyone seen them in the past couple of days?

I went hunting yesterday (not *every* place) but couldn't find them at all

Anyone else know where they are? I still have stuff to dye =P

14. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

Back in Fire Fel today - east from the entrance, just over the bridge

15. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

Moved again today to Bushido Hall (image attached)

Ronins and ninja's to watch out for, though so far I've managed to lure 'em out ok =)

Only red, tan and green spawning as specials - hopefully we get at least one more day of blue/olive - I finally thought of something to do with the olive! =P

Attached Files:

16. Katlene

Katlene Guest

HA i knew it was that one!! some people kept saying it was the training area up from haven!!
    Cheers teeshy

17. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

Oh, I think this spot is probably going to be easier to trap them at least! And hopefully they won't wander away quite as far.

Hedge maze it is!

[​IMG]

18. Katlene

Katlene Guest

Oh excellent nice one teesh thankyou!

19. LordHammer

LordHammer Guest

Hi Kat , i always see you when i visit despise for a ratspawn .

So these new breed of slimes are ur cousins i guess ?

20. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Failed attempt at an insult.