1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Sneak Peek II

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mesanna, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Adol

Adol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The only one that doesn't drop any more is the Wanderer quest gear. The rest all appear, at equal drop rates irrespective of rarity, on the Sutek quest next to the Cavern Of The Discarded. They've also fixed him so he can't wander too far away from his ruins any more... with a few runs every now and then, I've filled 2 boxes completely, and have 4 close to completion. I sell the remaining gears for about 10k each.

2. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I'd easily pay that to finish this off. Sutek is fun w/ short term memory loss. I was getting them from Golems and Goblins, now just Goblins
    I have 49/52 Common, 12/17 UNCOMMON (would buy at 145k ea) , 6/7 RARE (would buy for 500k)
    I have 1 extra Wanderer

3. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

You need to become very good friends with Sutek down in the Abyss. I had that mini-game down to a science and filled 3 music boxes. I managed to snag a fourth during the Great Fall that had The Wanderer already in it, so I'll be furiously clicking again soon.

4. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Lets hope not...

5. Adol

Adol Certifiable

Sadly my previous hunting spot, before they added them to Sutek, was Castle Blackthorn in Ilshenar... hours and hours and days and days spent there, so as you can imagine, it was bitter sweet then to see it go!

Unfortunately I'm on Europa, which I don't think is the same as yours is it? I'd gladly help if it is.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  6. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I sincerely hope that the music is harpsicord music and the darned thing is not just a music player. We have a music box for that.

On another note: When I first started UO about 15 years ago, my first foray into the forest alone resulted in a fight with a bat like creature that almost killed me. I was thrilled I had won and ran back to town to tell anyone who would listen to me about my experience. From that moment on, and for years, character development was a major part of my game experience as I progressed to every more powerful foes.

I maintain that this experience and progression is as inviting and enjoyable to the new player today as it was in my day. I see it and hear it with each new player I interact with.

7. Aedon Durreah

Aedon Durreah Village of Aegis
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I was thinking the Mesanna purple one.

8. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Don't forget some NPC gargoyles are bards (navigators on Garg ships)

9. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Can't say if it will be harpsichord music or not, but to quote from Mesanna writing over on UOForums,

"They will have 15 rolls you can find but will be given the first one."

15 does seem to be a theme here....

Sneak Peek II - Page 4 - Ultima Online Forums

10. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'd agree, although only really for a strict definition of "new player".
    For a lot of players, even if they're new to UO, they won't be new to MMOGs or RPGs in general.
    The "magic" of the first mongbat (and I can remember a similar time for me, along with such things as spending several hours trying to get revenge on a dire wolf that killed me) is based on the freshness of experience, and for the majority of players now, they've lost that:(

11. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Dire wolves were my bane as well... I still have a character that will go out of her way to kill the "vile" creatures.

12. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

for those that didn't read it elsewhere...
    "They will have 15 rolls you can find but will be given the first one."