1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking of coming back

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Drax-GVA, Dec 21, 2009.

  1. Drax-GVA

    Drax-GVA Guest

    I've been away from UO for about 2 years (maybe 3). I'm searching the boards for what's new in that time (I quit before the change to the enhanced client and gargoyles).

    I'd LIKE to play with what I have without buying any more expansions. Can I?

    I'd LIKE to be competitive in PvP with what I have (just about any template available at that time). Can I?

    I've read about some new items. Is there some resource which tells me what is available?

    I've read about some new item properties. Is there some resource which tells me what all the current item properties are, how to obtain them (or craft them) and what they do?

    I've read about some new crafting ability called "imbuing." I can't find a resource which fully explains that skill. Is there some resource which fully explains it?

    I'm sure that some (most/all) of these questions are answerable on Stratics. Unfortunately, I can't find them. Any help would be appreciated!
  2. Trebr Drab

    Trebr Drab Guest

    If you're coming back, you want the latest expansion. It's the best pne they've ever had. Even for PvP, there's new places designed for that.
  3. You want SA.
    You can imbue items and compete in PvP now without a gizzillion gold.
  4. Otis Firefly

    Otis Firefly Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

    Jun 17, 2006
    Likes Received:
    all of your questions can be answered in the stygian abyss forum, pretty much all your questions are related to stygian abyss items/skills/resources so without upgrading to the new expansion ya cant use em i dont believe! i could be wrong about some of the items though
  5. Mook Chessy

    Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

    Oct 16, 2007
    Likes Received:
    Log and and check out peps suits/weps and you will quickly see what imbuing does!

    The fact that you can imube over 90 skill points on a jewl set now really mean you can play whatever template you can think up!
  6. LordDrago

    LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

    Jun 26, 2004
    Likes Received:
    Besides stratics, you can also check out uoguide.com.

    Between them and stratics, I can find most of the information I need/want.

    I was just at Dunkin Donuts and took a vote. Everyone agreed that you should come back. 90% said that you should come to the Chessy shard. The other 10% said siege, but that was a couple of guys in a foul mood pbecause of the long line.

    If you do come to Chessy, give me a yell. I don;t have a lot, but I will help with whatever I can if you need it.
  7. Trebr Drab

    Trebr Drab Guest

    Well, to be fair, those two guys couldn't have had their coffee yet.
  8. insanepete

    insanepete Guest

    go to siege thats where all the fun is at if you dont like insurance
  9. Drax-GVA

    Drax-GVA Guest

    Thanks for the help! I'll browse that forum and see what I can find out!
  10. Pwny

    Pwny Visitor

    Dec 22, 2009
    Likes Received:
    Yes, you can easily imbue 90 skillpoints on jewels but your whole suits going to be garbage...