1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Thrower template....

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Synbad, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Synbad

Synbad Sage

Is a pure Paladin thrower(just Chivalry) a good template for champ spawns and PVM? I have 120 throwing 115 tactics 120 anatomy 120 healing 120 resist and 120 chiv... any better suggestions? thoughts? thanks

2. Keven2002

Keven2002 Seasoned Veteran

There are tons of other threads related to PvM dexer builds so I won't go into it but the cliff notes version: If you want an effective champ spawn dexer then go Non garg dexer (swords). Use a barded swampy to ride for damage reduction and spam whirlwind. Use bladed staff on the champ.

PageBoy, chester rockwell and Synbad like this.
  3. chester rockwell

Stratics Veteran

Sampire for champ spawns

4. Innoxicated

Innoxicated Journeyman

If you want to play solo Itll be tough to kill the spawn quick enough, but dont fret! Your thrower is still a powerful character. Very powerful against big single targets that you can kite around or have buddies holding aggro. Throwers just lack the area attacks of some other dexers.

Whirlwind rocks spawns, and even archers have the magical shortbow. Whirlwind has great damage and with that lots of heals/stam/mana for samps. The swampy is a big help with survivability, too.

Synbad likes this.
  5. Synbad

Synbad Sage

i put aoe's on my glaives

Innoxicated likes this.
  6. Synbad

Synbad Sage

hit energy, fire, cold, area on weps

7. Innoxicated

Innoxicated Journeyman

I hope so! I love seeing hit area proc off of an AI, esp against a target with a lesser slayer or under EoO.

My only thought is you can also put those aoe's on a radiant, a double axe, or a magical shortbow and really dish out the carnage against large groups of spawn.

An archer has the same ability with a composite but can also use the shortbow for the first cpl levels. Samps can use WW weapons to keep hp/mana/stam topped off. But obviously, if you're doing well on spawns with your thrower just using glaives with hit area, that's awesome. I'm glad you went and found out for yourself!

#7 Innoxicated, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    SwordofExcalibur likes this.