1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

UO Enhanced Client Windows 10

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Donal Mor, May 3, 2019.

1. Donal Mor

Donal Mor Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend LDH

Recently reinstalled UO Enhanced Client. First time on windows 10. The client won't display. It patches. It launches and will show in the task manager but does not put a window up.

Classic client works fine... tho tiny. Hence the desire to get the EC working.

Have already tried running it in the various older system modes and as an admin.

Windows Version 1809.
    GeForce 1080ti with current drivers.
    X299 motherboard.

Thanks,

Donal Mor

2. synack

synack Visitor

Hey I know it's a few months late but I was having a similar issue due to high core counts on my Threadripper. I have to run a .bat containing the following code to start my client.
    Code:
    @setlocal enableextensions
    @cd /d "%~dp0"
    Start  /AFFINITY FF UOSA.exe

Just copy it into a file named start.bat in your UO EC folder. Right click, and run as administrator. This script will use the first 8 cores, but you'll want to change the hex "FF" to something more applicable for your system (there are guides via google for this). This specific script works on a Threadripper 2950x.

edit: alternatively if you are on threadripper, set your CPU to game mode using Ryzen Master software.