1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] Test Center - Publish 66.2 Available Today!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

I am kinda saddened that they pushed a solution out so fast for a relatively minor problem like the water pitchers, while so many other things gets ignored. It apparently just takes the right people to whine at the right time on Stratics for them to push something like this out quickly.

But yeah, its tough to be a dev and there's so much to do and so little manpower.

2. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I can't imagine that taking more than an hour or two to do, I wouldn't worry. It keeps us gardeners quiet again! :D

3. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

Some people gardened just fine without the bug. It might seem like its a minor thing, but just about every time we request minor things we're told it takes loads of time to do.

4. Saunders

Saunders Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Don't underestimate the power of UO gardeners. Sak herself was on our side!

5. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

Dumb question about the new "invasion." Is this in tram or fel or both? Is there a difference as to which facet you do this in (if it is in both facets)? Like Magincia Fel you got rubble, anything special in Fel for this (again, if it is in both)?

6. Fink

Fink Guest

Just wondering in what gardening or cooking situation I'd normally be within 5 tiles of my house and not actually in my house. You can actually refill a pitcher from any water trough on screen regardless of range. You can't bake outside.

"I'm just going out into the yard to knead some dough, as one does. I'll be back inside to bake it later."

"I'm stepping outside my fence to tend plants without the realism of a garden plot or the convenience of a bank box. I'll be back when I run out of pois.. crap."

7. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Supporter

Anyone have information on what these are?

8. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

They hurried to get rid of the feature "not bug" for a reason that had nothing to do with gardening. They of course needed to replace it as soon as possible. 40 charges is not good enough. Dont think this is even good enough for players who garden from there backpack or bank or that don't own houses on the other shards they might garden at.

9. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010

ok so one of the locations is right near the Desert champ spawn in Tram t2a, so where exactly are the ophidian recruiters and such

10. Obsidian

Obsidian Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Ok, Ophidians are affected by Ophidian slayer and Reptile Slayer.

What affects Bane forces? Are they susceptible to Repond only? Or nothing? I can't tell from the pics if they are humans (which aren't affected by repond) or some sort of humanoid monster (which are).

Seems like fighting Ophidians would be easier with the increased damage output from the Ophidian slayer versus the Repond super slayer (assuming it works on Bane).

-OBSIDIAN-

11. You need 2000 loyalty to take the quests. Front line first wave gives 1 point, second gives 3, third gives 5 (per kill) and each wave takes progressively longer to kill (especially the third). Back ranks which don't progress through waves are all 1 point. It would have been faster if I had just killed back rank stuff.

Thats base points, idk how the peril bonus works.

A group could possibly push the front lines quickly but what benefit that would be atm idk. I pushed the Bane front line back around 5 times.

I was on a Necro/Mage for most of it so was killing groups of first and second wave fairly quickly.

12. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Aren't NPC humans affected by repond though? I thought that restriction was PVP only.

And yeah, they should be humans.

Filling bowls with new (non-fertile) dirt.

13. Obsidian

Obsidian Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I can't say for sure. I know Baracoon's damage is very different when he is in rat form (repond affected) than when in human form. I am pretty sure Evil Mages such as those at the bottom of Shame or in the Fire Dungeon are not affected by repond slayers.

-OBSIDIAN-

14. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

They were last time I fought them.

15. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

there is a big problem with slayers this times... Actually here is the hidden changes (since pub 66)

Dread Horn: is no more a fey (gives dragon blood too, but is not a reptile either)
    Earth Elemental Slayer: no longer affect the ore elementals
    Double Super Slayer: is not 200% but 150% damage increase
    and many lesser slayer is not working anymore... Maybe the devs have removed their effect without say nothing?

16. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Could they have lowered the effects drastically? This is something I've always wanted because it turns the game into too much of a "use this to do this" thing.

17. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

is not a lowered effect. For example, against the dread horn I did 55 without slayer and 55 with the fey slayer. So there is no effect.
    The Earth Elemental Slayer was useful only for ore elementals now is useless, and the same for all the broken minor slayers...
    The double super slayer is rare enough to allow the 200%. One example of double super slayer is Conjurer's Tinker + Undead slayer or Repond + Vermin and probably few more...

18. Well I finally got 2k loyalty, went to the Ophidians, both quests want 10 Crystalline Blackrock, one gives a Fear potion the other gives a Shatter potion... I took the Shatter potion and used it on the enemy but it didn't seem to do anything.

Also pushed them back to 1 flag before their base before a bunch of people started showing up and pushing the other way =/.

19. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Does belonging to a faction allow you to attack the opposite faction?

20. If one side is wiped out you get to go take an item from the chest in the base of the side you helped. (The item in a bag was a junk bow, so probably the same system as the SA housing quest.)

Loyalty caps at 2500 for Bane/Ophidian. Edit: ...but can go much higher in the negative.

21. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Ugh. Why can't they just give us a reward from killing like Tokuno :p.

Interesting though, thanks.

22. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

If slayers are broken, this needs to be fixed ASAP as it is the only way mages have to compete with melee templates in PvM.

As for the bags of junk from the factions... Are we surprised? 3rd time they've recycled the same code, 3rd time it’s underwhelming. Just wait till someone gets the 'new talisman' and the 'new cloak/wings.' *yawns* (Hint to Mythic: There are dozzens of other item types to give as rewards, try it sometime...)

23. olduofan

olduofan Guest

Any ETA on when this goes Live on all shards ?

24. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend

if there have been no problems i would not be surprised if it was today, But Who knows

25. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Doubtful for today - there is still Origin to test on first.

26. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend

oh doh i forgot that, it early for me

27. Death Adder

Death Adder Guest

Out for days and no news of new items? Fear potions, Shatter potions... anyone seen anything else?

28. How do you "throw" the water pitcher? I've tried double clicking a full water pitcher then targeting a water elemental and it keeps telling me I can't pour it there....

29. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

You probs empty it first bro, hehe :p. Not sure, I haven't tested it.

(use last obj, target self ftw)

30. Tazar

Tazar Guest

From reading the description, I assumed you would be able to "drop" a full pitcher onto the elemental to get one - but I have not had a chance to try this myself. If you figure it out, please let us know.

31. mjolnir131

mjolnir131 Guest

Just ran a quick test on GL

I had two gnarled staffs one an Ogre slayer(28 DI), one Repond slayer(25 DI) one has 20 SSI the other 10 then had craftier make a plain ash gnarled staff that i imbued 26 DI and 42% stam leach. I chose 26DI because this is between the two staffs I already had.

Test target AOL everybody's favorite pale for most tests(well mine anyways).

Used the plain staff on the first big blue guy and was getting around 25-28 damage each hit switched to the Respond and jumped to around 55-58 and was getting around 78-80 for the Ogre slayer. this appears to fall into to the 200%, 300% bracket that it's suppose to. so it's not broken. if you think some of the other slayer are broken please let the forum know so it can be tested

32. Alvinho

Alvinho Great Lakes Forever!
    Stratics Veteran

Castle courtyards are less than 5 tiles to cover that is what i suppose the 5 tile radius is about

33. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

Just some math first:
    + 100% = double damage
    + 200% = triple damage

ok, now I suggest you to test the Earth Elemental Slayer aginist the ore elemental (dull copper, shadow, verite, etc..), and the Fey slayer against the dread horn :p

34. Derium of ls

Derium of ls Slightly Crazed

but would you still run out there to water your plants?

oh, and I need to make another post right after this one...

35. Derium of ls

Derium of ls Slightly Crazed

hahahahahah

36. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Could we get a healer in the camp please as the nearest if no one is about is miles away.

Thanks

Thunderz

37. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I think the 5 tile thing is so you can't use an infinite pitcher to fill stuff up beyond your own house.

No more leaving a pitcher over the door for your neighbour to get sloshed when he comes home at night though. Ach well.

Wenchy

38. According to this statement-

My problem is not emptying it.

39. I tried this too. It wouldn't drop on the elemental. Every time I tried it just dropped back to my pack.

40. I hunt shadow elms for the ore and had to build an elemental slaying weapon to cut them drop faster. I read this about the earth elm slaying working on other elm types. I though I may have been missing out on the 300% vs the 200% I was currently using. After testing it.
    Earth Elm slaying only works on earth elm no other ore type. Also tested this with spell book. And this is on Lake Superior.

41. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

Oops, should have mentioned in my earlier post

To anyone having problems with the pitchers:

Simply double click the pitcher, and target a water elemental.

The jug must be filled.. either bought filled from an NPC or filled from a water source (trough, sea etc)

You can use as many pitchers as you want on each water ele, but once an ele has given you one back (it just pops in your backpack), you can't get another pitcher from it.

42. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

Also seems to be a bug with targetting from the bane/ophidians. If one attacks me, but I want to attack another, I have to keep double clicking it otherwise my targetting keeps being forced toward the "original" attacker.

43. mjolnir131

mjolnir131 Guest

probably a hold over from the blackrock infestation. blame it on the blackrock hoarders

44. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

Hmm, it seems there was an update. Peril bonus seems to be usually always 0, yet occasionally it is 1. Even if others are around, it is still usually 0.

45. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Ah okay, my bad :(

I didn't read the line, was thinking Zelda: Link to the Past, can't catch a bee without an empty bottle!

46. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Milk seems to be the only one that doesn't, interesting.

47. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I just got this, and a relic from the chest!
    Dont know what its for, dont wana risk double clicking it and eating it!
    When double clicked i got the message "you dont want to eat this it smells horrible!! It looks like food for some kind of demon".

[​IMG]

Thunderz

48. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

While that's cool, that's also insanity. Who would make a stew out of blackrock lol? But I guess that confirms it, same system as bag systems of past, hehe.

49. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

From the cliloc notes, I have a feeling it is to do with bane dragons?

50. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

@Lord GOD I ran through Ophidians on just a plain mage not suited and only got like 138 pts in one run through w/ group of maybe 5-6 people of varying classes, hehe ... so I can see how it is a slow process! I'd have to do it 8 times at that rate, and when it's launched, I can imagine the place will be crazy full of people. Definitely a warrior's or a necro's feast though, wither/whirlwind.