1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

What! 2 more New Color's of Soulstones! JOYGASM!!!!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Poo, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

just saw these pop up on the UO store.

Orange and Yellow Soulstones!!!!

[​IMG]

2. Poo

3. grimiz

grimiz Sage

cash grab

ShriNayne, petemage and Dot_Warner like this.
  4. Poo

we asked them for stuff to buy, they are putting stuff for us to buy.

petemage likes this.
  5. Pawain

Pawain I Hate Skilling
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This display of self gratification is a little :eek:.

Dot_Warner likes this.
  6. It Lives

It Lives Slightly Crazed

They should have made them to be dyed from the get go.

7. Draza

Draza Journeyman

Looks like ya have room for 2 more

8. Draza

Draza Journeyman

Correction,3

9. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

It'd be nice if it was new items with new functionality, not semi-pointless rehues of already existing ones.

ShriNayne and Meat Elemental like this.
  10. Spartan

Spartan Lore Keeper

Only "new" function I can think of for soulstone is to allow partial skill stoning. But the mechanics might be kinda brutal.

Handle partial stoning of a skill
    ..... Pass 100/120 in a skill to stone for another character to use (that has not used a scroll)

Handle retrieval of a skill ... allow to stack on any already or replace or disallow?
    ..... Specify how many points to retrieve from the stone.
    ..... ..... Should these points overwrite any already on character?
    ..... ..... Should these stack onto the current points up to the cap?
    ..... ..... Disallow retrieval because there is a non-zero skill level?

Handle retrieving partial stoned skill points
    ..... Retrieve only part of stoned skill. Perhaps 120 is stoned, but only 100 is needed?

Aaaannnndddd the age-old one:
    Stone cannot have any skill on it to be used? (like now)

Stone can have a skill and more of that skill can be added - up to a cap of 120?
    ..... 2 char with 40 and 30 in a skill can stone off for 70 total.

======
    These are off the top of my pointy head so have not really had any thought put into it. <shrug>

Have fun!

fonsvitae likes this.
  11. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Nice thought but then people would just make characters with 40 or 50 skill and just put it on the stone and bam 120 in 10 min... not really a good idea... I mean I like easy and all but that's a bit too easy.

Would like a stat stone though... or a character recreation stone... something that's like more than a soulstone... where you get to go in and totally chose race, gender, name and all over but all the scrolls and skills you had remain. That might be nice.

12. Dot_Warner

I was thinking more along the lines of completely new items with new functionality, not color-shifted retreads.

House pets, new clothing (not MF'n robes!), more stuff like the kitchen set...just with some level of use instead of just being pixel crack. Nothing game altering, but more along the lines of storing cooking ingredients with reduced item counts or storing (not combining) the refinement boondoggle. Etc.

Stat stones (Coil Stones?) have been talked about for years. They aren't a bad idea.

MalagAste and Schatzi like this.
  13. fonsvitae

fonsvitae Adventurer

I have a feeling more stuff is forthcoming.

14. Dot_Warner

There is.

15. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I dunno, not a bad idea to let you color code your skills, if that's what turns you on

16. Coco_Zamis_DF

I would buy them if the color is blaze or Europe gold.

17. MalagAste

Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I was thinking more along the lines of color coding accounts. Since many of us have well several...

Though on your thoughts one could color code things like Crafting vs things like for your T-Hunter/thief skills, maybe dexer skills etc...

Cinderella likes this.
  18. popps

popps Always Present

Not necessarily....

A few lines of code could be added to the Soulstone to have it MEMORIZE the total skill points that the character had, upon depositing on the Soulstone a partial amount of points and REFUSE to stack up partial points on templates unless that Template is going to re-unite on that same Template the exact same total points that were present upon stoning part of them on a Soulstone....

Let me make an example to make myself more clear.

Let's imagine, that Character A has 120 Magery on the Template.

Due to rearranging that character's skills, the Magery points need to be reduced to, say, 100.

So, Character A will stone 20 Points on the Soulstone. The Soulstone would now be BINDED to Character A, that is, those 20 points would NO LONGER be transferable to any other character, and it would ONLY give back to Character A those 20 points, if, and only if Character A was to have 100 points when claiming the 20 points of Magery Back from the Soulstone...

This way, 1) - partial stoning would be possible; 2) - Abusing of it would be made impossible; 3) - Players would need a LOT of Soulstones (since they would be "locked" on single characters for single skills) increasing sales for Soulstones and thus gathering of resources for UO.

It could be a win win situation for both players and UO, players would get a handy tool to readjust their characters' skills as needed and UO would get more money for its upkeep....

But, I think, these Soulstones, being needed in large numbers, should cost WAY less as what the current Soulstones cost....

19. ShriNayne

ShriNayne Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Great more soulstones...I have two, one blue and one green and I keep them in a box because they are basically big, ugly, neon tombstones....why don't they spend some time fixing stuff, instead of giving us this nonsense. :(

grimiz and petemage like this.
  20. Keven2002

Keven2002 Journeyman

That's an easy one... because fixing issues would take more than the 3 minutes it took to change the color hues on an existing item that simply sits in your bank/pack/house (as @Dot_Warner has said). :D

All they did was essentially use a DEV dye tub to recolor a piece of furniture. This is a zero value add for players but does help BS because some people will now have to have the new color soulstones.

MalagAste and petemage like this.
  21. North_LS

North_LS Journeyman

an item or addon that can hold and be used to access and use multiple soulstones would be more appropriate. i hate those giant eyesores. perhaps a neat looking pentagram or magical circle or something. or even some sort of neat cloning cylinder like the one zipactriotl is sealed in.

22. Cinderella

Cinderella Seasoned Veteran

I like that they are coming out with more colors...
    I have been keeping soulstones in the backpack of my other accounts,
    just so I know whose account they belong...

I would like them to also add the Sunshine or poppie white color too

23. petemage

petemage Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I believe some higher instance still dictates the higher level goals for UO and that's what they do to get their checkmarks with little effort. Whether its revenue based goals (aka cash grab) or just peridiocally adding items with regards to the F2P strategy, idk.

ShriNayne likes this.
  24. MalagAste

I agree it's a little something for the cash shop which I'm sure they are required to provide periodically... and honestly, a nice fresh batch of colors for something many of us buy anyway is a great thing...

I mean soulstones are something that IMO never go out of style or need... we are always swapping skills about and adding skills to templates... good timing too on their part as many of us will be stoning off Mining and adding RT to our T-Hunters...

25. Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega Lore Keeper

To each their own I guess.

26. Luc of Legends

I would like to see Soulstones bound to the EA account that your UO accounts are connected to, this way you could swap skills between accounts on the same EA Account. However if you disconnect an account you'd lose access to that soulstone/s. Just an idea since many of of us have multiple accounts, I also see it increasing soulstone sales.

Spartan and North_LS like this.
  27. Mayhem

Mayhem Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I agree with this...and also, now that they are a purchase item and not a promo item, once they are activated they should not be able to be lost to idoc., if they have skills on them, they are part of the account...no different than a toon holding skills.

28. celticus

celticus Babbling Loonie

Holly Bajeezus and Holly Crap Poo!! This is hard to believe..Did you "doctor" this picture? If not you may be qualified for Guinnes world record on these? Are these usable?

29. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot

NOW for some lesser shard shields!!!!!!!!!!! pops a token every 2 months to keep vets happy!

30. petemage

petemage Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I agree. But more improtantly, I'm grateful that there is some instance pressing Bonnie. If it was solely for her, neither EJ nor the ingame shop would have happened.

31. MalagAste

I wouldn't be so sure about that... though of late I don't know what's up with her but she seems to have a stick wedged somewhere that needs to be removed.

32. Lore

Lore Lore Keeper

Sweet! I prefer seeing like a row of all the same color though. I'm a fan of the green. Glad you guys are still getting content.

33. Poo

are they usable?!!?!?!?!
    yes, the blue ones hold every skill in the game to max (either GM or 120 whatever max for that skill is)
    the other colored ones are my 'slush stones' so i can take off whatever i have and put on skills from the blue stones.
    i made that collection of skills years ago.

it worked out very well for me, so much so i did the same on ATL a couple years back.
    its nice to be able to use one character and swap to any template you want to muck around with.

down side is you need to have a couple suits ready to go for any occasion.
    melee, mage, tamer, luck, ect, ect.

its impressive to see the collection when you see it all glowing and may sound like an impossible task but keep in mind, you can train a lot of skills in 20+ years!

buy ya, OCD is a pancake.

(1, 2, 3, 4)

34. Lady Lavendar

Lady Lavendar Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I love purple, so when asked what I wanted for a holiday gift from the UO store this last year, I asked for a purple soulstone! It is my prize sculpture in my sculpture garden!

Cinderella likes this.
  35. celticus

celticus Babbling Loonie

Yep..Grats anyways! This is an awesome collection of stones!