1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

wow, unbelievable, just wow...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by _Uriah Heep_, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Uhh, no offense but quitting posts on these boards are absolutely no gauge of customer base/satisfaction.

Have you actually read a large portion of the posts/replies on this board alone each week?

75% of what you read is nothing more then childish & self-serving ranting.

Kids posting about quitting in between popping prescription ADD meds.

The simple beauty of this game is also its biggest downfall IMO:
    It is a childs game that happens to have the depth & intelligence to completely hook adults.

Peace [​IMG]

2. Meldurh

Meldurh Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Hey look,

If there isn't more content, fixes etc. soon. I'll pay to play elsewhere as I have never payed to play any game that doesnt give content, more less FIXES.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with content,last expansion which added some real landmasses (though
    very few dungeons) was SE.
    On the other hand playing EQ1/2 the last years I dont know what you mean
    with FIXES,the *2D* client is a wonder of stability compared to the EQs which
    have game stopping bugs which hasnt been fixxed for years,instead SOE thought
    it was a good idea to shell out another expansion every half year thus adding
    new bugs and increase the overall instability.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

why doesnt the dev team ever read and respond to threads like this? they really should... also, giving up completely on kingdom reborn and just improving things in 2D would be a great move, also they could improve customer service back to the days of where gms took strong action... im talking about the days where people got suspended/banned for scamming people, gms would come down and talk to people have an actual conversation and come down to fix things like remove a flaming head deed thats stuck or whatever, gms need to do something! enough with the automated message to go to some website that doesn't help the problem in the slightest way...

4. Dean478

Dean478 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

minimal amount of storyline/events etc that I have experienced in 4 months of steady play. No other game I have ever played has lacked updates/fixes/content as much as this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should have been here 10 years ago before all the Everquest fans started developing this game.

Personally in terms of content updates this game isn't that far behind WoW. All that game ever adds is raids and dungeons for the top elite of it's playerbase where most will never experience. Community events are nothing more than static NPCs that offer different items for the event that really do nothign else.

Lord Blackthorn's Revenge was a fantastic way to implement an expansion. Out of all the expansions, that one is now obsolete. Those who visit it's content won't see it all. They missed the massive world wide story events that accompanied it's release. At least you can read about it in the comic that comes with it.

5. The more quitting posts I see, the more people I see in-game.

Hey everyone who isn't having fun: Quit, and make more room for the more casual players.

-Galen's player

6. Guest

Guest Guest

UO is dying posts?
    im not sure when there werent these type of posts but we are still here. i've left before but missed the europa community (or most of them anyway). i am seldom bored, if i get to that stage i will go do something i havent done for a while like t-hunting or pvp.
    fixes to scripting etc would be lovely and more events and i agree the valentines event was too short and not brilliantly thought out but hey chrissay actually listed to us and reran it on europa and thats new!! is this a light at the end of the tunnel or simply an oncoming train? well im gonna hang around and see [​IMG]

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Atlantic is hopping. Very busy.

5 years ago I was argueing UO isnt dead. People were convinced it had a year max.

I wish people would just quit, if they are unhappy.

Or do as I do. I move up and down account numbers based on how engaging the game is.

Expanded with origin shard. Decreased over last year because the novelty wore off.

To be honest the more characture slots they give me the less accounts I need. I used to like having houses but that rans it course.