In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.
Discussion in 'UO Lake Austin' started by Delbrie, Mar 12, 2012.
Having to reinstall the game, wth!!!
You aren't alone.
Yeah unfortunately one of my computers didnt make the patch. 6 times and running.
If you're having to reinstall, it's because you cut off the patch in the middle, corrupting the process.
It's converting the patcher to the same type as the EC.
As long as you let the updates run its course (the DOS window is part of it), then let the updates run their course without UOA running, it updates fine. Note that this patch comes in multiple parts. Only when it says it is up to date on startup without patching, without using UOA to start it, is it really done.
UOA has two issues with it.
1. IT starts UO with both the client running, as well as the new patcher (if you're patched up, just close the patcher)
2. For some reason, the patcher that starts with UOA running keeps repeating the last patch, which was completed properly. In other words, if the new patcher starts downloading gumpartlegacyMUL.uop over and over, just ignore it and close it either before it starts to install, or after it reinstalls (not DURING), and use the client that shows up IN ADDITION to the Mythic patcher.
BTW, I can't get where people are getting the "minutes" for the patcher to run - if you're fully installed, it takes 15-30 seconds. I ran it TWICE in a minute, and I'm on a pathetic old laptop with an old wireless router, with about 60-80 latency to both coasts. Now, if you let it run through the reinstall of an unneeded file, it might take that long, otherwise, it's run faster through those new patcher installs than through equivalent sized patches in the old one.
The new patcher has one advantage, once the bugs get worked out of it and Tug fixes UOA for it... If you miss several patches in the future, it will apply all of them in one pass, instead of multiple patches.
I thnk what is happening is the younger players who have never seen dos run anything on their systems before panic and stop it in mid stream thinking they have a corrupted download.
FYI from tugsoft:
New UO patch info.
EA has changed how patching happens so UOAssist does not work correctly with the new systems.
For now you can work around this by running UO without UOAssist ( run UO.exe ) and get UO all patched up.
Then you can run UOAssist again and you will get errors but UOAssist and UO should run.
I'm working on a proper fix.
My uoassist patched a bit ago and seems to be working correctly now.
It's not working for a bunch of us - it's starting UO, but UOA shuts down when UO starts.
Force update check on UOAssist, its working for me since UOAssist had its own patch. Make sure you run as admin if your on Win7.
My UOAssist doesn't have a "Force Update" option. I even tried reinstalling UOA.
Hmm, mine installed with one. If you know command line at all, you can try running UOAssist.exe /Update
From uoassist notes:
Mar 14, 2012
Found a problem with the changes I made for the new UO patch system that ultimately was causing UOAssist to not load with UO. I believe I fixed it so get the latest patch if you haven't already and try it out. If you do still have the problem with UOAssist not loading with UO please try all 3 of the load methods and let me know if some/all of them are not working for you.
Before reporting trouble please make sure you are running the latest versions of UOAssist.exe and UOAssist.dll by clicking the Settings button at the bottom right of the UOAssist update/news page. At the bottom it will display the versions - they should be UOAssist.exe 184.108.40.206 and UOAssist.dll 220.127.116.11.
Sorry for the trouble but I will keep working on a solution if this latest UOAssist update doesn't correct the problem.
Mar 14, 2012
Some email has been received with people explaining they aren't seeing UOAssist after getting the latest patches for both UO and UOAssist and this has been confirmed for certain settings. Here is a work around until that gets fixed.
On the UOAssist news/update page click the Settings button in the bottom right corner.
Near the top middle of the screen you'll see the 'Load UOAssist using' options.
Select the 'oldest' method.
Hope that helps some.
yep, it's working for me now, with the second fix.
I just wish I could actually email him - when the first fix didn't work, I tried emailing him and it bounced.
Another UOA patch but still not loadin UOA. I have gone into setting and tried all the patch methods with no luck.
I found a bug - for me, it loads properly the first time in, but if I shut down UO and try to restart with UOA later, it doesn't work, plus Assist keeps running in the background even after you shut down UO. Rebooting fixes it.
Sorry, no clue what to tell you, mine is running fine, closing properly and re-opening fine, both on my Win7 computer and winXP computer.