Greetings Guest!!Dismiss Notice
In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.
The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!Dismiss Notice
Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?Dismiss Notice
Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!Dismiss Notice
Greetings Guest, We're testing and evaluating a new user verification system you should be aware of. Check this thread!Dismiss Notice
Patch Notes from 2000-06-29
Patch Notes from 2000-06-29
Various Changes and Fixes
Jun 29 2000 5:53PM CST
The following updates and changes are currently in General Testing:
- When looting a corpse that is stacked on top of one or more corpses, the loot from any “buried” corpses that belong to you will be included.
- On Trammel, only the person who digs up a treasure chest, or members of his/her party, will be able to open the chest and remove treasure. Treasure chests recovered from treasure maps on Felucca will continue to be available to all players.
- An issue causing players to become ‘stuck’ when picking up hay in Haven has been fixed.
- Crossbows will no longer incorrectly use arrows on archery buttes, but will use bolts.
- The protection spell will now provide greater protection at higher magery/evaluate intelligence/inscription skill levels.
- Finger slips from being hit while healing will have less effect. The damage healed will now be based on you dexterity and healing skill. Previously, this value was based only on dexterity.
- The success rate for healing will be increased.
- Veterinary skill gain rate will be corrected.
- An error that lowered the tracking skill level required to effectively track other players and NPC humans will be corrected.
- The mining interface will be updated to help increase server performance.
- To mine, double-click your mining tool and target the area you wish to mine.
- To dig for treasure, double-click your mining tool and target a treasure map. You may then target the area in which you wish to dig for treasure.
- Single-clicking a treasure map will now tell you the facet to which the map pertains.
- Weapons with the “ghouls touch” ability will now function correctly.
- The frequency of wheat spawn on the Trammel facet will be lowered.
- Summoned Elementals and Daemons will now be more in line with normal elementals and daemons.
- Locations at which Nightmares spawn have been changed to fix some of the “spawn blocking” issues.
- It will now be possible to gain skill by stealing from grey, red, and monster targets.
- Stealing has been fixed so that stealing specific items is now more difficult than “random” stealing.
- The required waiting period between escorting NPC’s will be lowered to five minutes.
- Stealing items from containers in town will now be allowed.
- Guildstones will decay in one week if not located within a house.