Greetings Guest!!Dismiss Notice
In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.
The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!Dismiss Notice
Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?Dismiss Notice
Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!Dismiss Notice
Greetings Guest, We're testing and evaluating a new user verification system you should be aware of. Check this thread!Dismiss Notice
Publish Notes from 2008-12-12
Publish Notes from 2008-12-12
- 1 Publish Notes from 2008-12-12
- 2 Publish 57 now on TC1
Posted 12 Dec 2008 17:53:29 by Robert Mull on the UO Herald:
Publish 57 now on TC1
Non-Felucca facets Champ Spawns will now give special rewards for working the spawns
Killing the Champ Spawn boss on any facet has a 30% chance of dropping a special reward
Working the Ilshenar spawns gives Transcendence scrolls but not 105 powerscrolls
A black gate will no longer appear after killing the Champ Spawn boss unless you are in Felucca
Rewards have a durability of 150/150 and cannot be enhanced or unraveled
Each Champ Boss has a chance to drop a Unique, Decorative, or Shared reward drop - such as Animated Water Tiles with Rock
Shared rewards do not mean every boss has them, but only that more than 1 boss may drop it (usually 3 bosses).
Drop rate of rewards set to an overall 30% chance, as follows:
- 5% Unique reward
- 15% Decorative reward
- 10% Shared reward
- Two types of rewards can be obtained while leveling the spawn: Scrolls of Transcendence (SoT) and 105 Powerscrolls (PS).
Players will be able to pick one of 5 new unique holiday items this year per character. Characters must be 30 days old.
Players can now steal various items from monsters:
- A given monster can be stolen from once in its lifetime
- Gold, bandages, gems, potions, scrolls
- Thieves with GM skills or higher have a chance at stealing rare items
- Seed of Life, Mana Draught, Gem of Salvation, Balm of Strength, Balm of Wisdom, Balm of Swiftness, Balm of protection, Stone Skin Lotion and Life Shield Lotion.
Drop rate on stealables:
- GM Stealing: 2%
- 100.1 to 110 Stealing: 5%
- 110.1 to 119.9 Stealing: 8%
- 120.0 Stealing: 10%
Stealing Bonus based on monster fame
For the purposes of stealing, a monster's fame is now scaled from 1 to 40 (previous fame levels 1 to 5). Level 40 being the equivalent of 30,000 fame points. The higher the fame level, the higher the stealing bonus.
Stealing bonus by fame level:
- 0 % below level 15
- 1% below level 25
- 2% below level 35
- 3% below level 40
- 5% at level 40
So a thief with 120 skills stealing from a level 40 monster would have a 15% chance of obtaining a rare drop.
- Players cannot steal twice from the same monster
- Rare items only drop in Fel Dungeons and Champ Spawn areas (all facets)
Trammel & Felucca
The stealables are consumables. Using a Balm or Lotion while one is already active will replace the effects of the first, not combine them. The list includes:
- Seed of Life: Stackable/Uninsurable. When eaten, instantly heals between 25 to 40 HP, even through poison and mortal wounds. 10 min cooldown.
- Mana Draught: Insurable. When drunk, the player instantly recovers between 25 to 40 mana points. 10 min cooldown.
- Gem of Salvation: Blessed. Upon death, the carrier will have the option to invoke its power to self-resurrect, destroying the gem in the process. Unlike Sacrifice, the player’s belongings will remain on his corpse and he will be resurrected with the same minimum health as he would if rezzing at a shrine. 6 hours cooldown.
- Balm of Strength: Insurable. On use, the player benefits of a 10 Strength increase for 30 min. Can’t be combined with any other Balms or Lotion.
- Balm of Wisdom: Insurable. On use the player benefits from a 10 Int increase for 30 min. Can’t be combined with any other Balms or Lotion.
- Balm of Swiftness: Insurable. On use the player benefits from a 10 Dex increase for 30 min. Can’t be combined with any other Balm or Lotion.
- Balm of Protection: Insurable. On use, reduces by 50% to 100 % the damage sustained from acid (grizzle), and AoE cold (prism icy water, ice elementals), fire (blazing gargoyles). The resistance chance is rolled for each tick. This balm does not protect against spells or weapons elemental damages. Cannot be combined with any other Balms or Lotion. Duration: 30 mins.
- Stone Skin Lotion: Insurable. On use, increases player Physical Resists by 30 but reduces his Fire and Cold Resists by 5. Cannot be combined with any other Balms or Lotions. Duration 30 mins.
- Life Shield Lotion: Insurable. On use, reduces by 50% to 100 % the Life Drain damage from Succubus and Tentacles the Harrower. The resistance chance is rolled for each tick. Cannot be combined with any other Balms or Lotions. Duration 30 mins.
Misc Bug Fixes
- Players will no longer receive an error when they try to plant a seed in a bowl of dirt with a seed in it already.
- Fixed an issue with rocks not being heavy in Orc Dungeon
- Fixed the issue with Treasure Maps in Bucs Den that caused the spawned monsters to spawn underground out of the reach of players.
- Fixed the HP issue with faction warhorses.
- Players will no longer see an error in their buff gump with Reactive Armor.
- Fixed an issue involving Norton update that was wiping the configuration file.
- Added a choice of direction for the Veteran Rewards for the brazier and cactus.
- Fixed Weapon Special Nerve Strike to not work while someone is frozen from casting.
- Added Bandanas, shrouds, robes, apron, boots and sashes for items that can be repaired with a deed.
- Fixed an issue with Meraktus the Tormented not resetting properly.
- Fixed an issue with Rikktor getting stuck.
- Fixed an issue with Irk and Saliva getting in areas players could not reach.
- Fixed an issue with escorts barking you failed the escort quest upon completion.
- Changed the range of Protection from the Justice virtue to 90 tiles when in use.
- Changed to teleport location in Sanctuary.
- Added a confirmation gump when dismissing a vendor (KR does not have a working gump).
- TC1 will now have 5000 special boards in their banks instead of 500.
- Fixed issues with the hyperlinks in the help menu.
- Fixed an issue with the one of the hidden rune containers in Malas providing a faulty rune.
- Fixed a grief issue that allowed players to gate other players in the middle of the ocean.
- Fixed an issue allowed mutated plants and bonsai to produce seeds and be cross-pollinated.
Slimes are on the move! Driven out of their dungeons by the dark forces corrupting the land, a special variety of slimes are making random appearances throughout the world for next few weeks after publish. Researchers have discovered that these specially hued slimes can dye artifacts and magically enhanced items! They tend to stay in an area for two days before moving to a new location and shifting their hue.
There are a total of 35 colors: 30 minor tokuno dyes, and 5 new hues.
War of Shadows Fixes
- Login teleport redirection, and safety redirection when recalling/gating for towns is now removed. Be careful when moving throughout the kingdom, the safety net has failed! (This also resolves the problem with Felucca redirects in the invasion)
- Faction warhorses now all have the same strength and hitpoints.
- Adding a resource from an existing peculiar seed that will identify any type of seed.
- Added hitching posts to the craftable menu in tinkering.
- Added bookcase to the craftable menu in carpentry.
- Changed the skill level to work special logs into boards: Regular wood (0.0) , oak wood (65.0), ash wood (75.0), yew wood (85.0), heartwood wood (95.0), bloodwood (95.0), frostwood (95.0).