Following a discussion with some former corp members, some questions were raised about the validity of the available sources about the supercap nerf. Everyone was referring to the same source (which was either unconfirmed and thus useless or lacking any details). All were excellent points so I talked to a few from the Community Relations team around the end of september, and nudged the Lead Designer (Kristoffer Touborg) and it lead to a clarification of the allready availble sources and some new tidbits!
We had hoped to bring you a pre-blog interview, but unfortunately there was no response from CCP Manifest, which leads us to believe that Team BFF is simply too busy doing FiS.
Here is the list with all its checks and balances:
- Drone bay can only hold fighters and fighter bombers. <confirmation
- Reduce Shield, Armor and Hull hitpoints on all Supercarriers by 20%. <confirmation and clarification
- Reduce drone capacity.
- Aeon, Revenant and Wyvern: 125000 (25 total Fighters + Fighter Bombers)
- Hel and Nyx: 150000 (30 total Fighters + Fighter Bombers)
- Remote ECM Burst: Does not affect ships that are immune to electronic warfare (Supercarriers, Titans, Triaged Carriers and Sieged Dreads) <expansion
- Increase signature resolution to 400 <expansion
- Remove drone bay from all dreadnoughts.
- Siege Module I: Boost damage bonus from 625% to 700% to compensate for loss of drones. <confirmation and clarification
- Siege Module I: Duration time reduced to 5 minutes. Fuel cost -50%. <confirmation and clarification
- Moros: Remove drone bonus. <expansion
- Moros: New bonus: 5% bonus to Capital Hybrid Turret rate of fire per level. <expansion
- Remove drone bay from all titans. <confirmation and clarification
- Reduce Shield, Armor and Hull hitpoints by 20%. <confirmation and clarification
- Superweapon: Cannot shoot sub-capital ships. <expansion
Looking at the confirmations of the initial source, those simply confirm the source, however there are several points where CCP have expanded on the initial source and we are still missing some information (in regards to the initial source) about carrier changes. More specifically the SMA’s increased cargo capacity to help logistics in fleet movements, reduced tracking on Titans. Its possible that the unconfirmed source got the tracking bit wrong, however this will remain an open question untill the balance pass, like Incarna – is fully deployed.
Definately an interesting developer blog, and this editor is glad that some confirmed information about the capital balance pass is now out there.
Interestingly though, the reactions from the community leaves some open ended questions hanging in the air – admittedly very likely because they are from supers owners…