Greetings Guest!!Dismiss Notice
In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.
The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!Dismiss Notice
Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?Dismiss Notice
Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!Dismiss Notice
Greetings Guest, We're testing and evaluating a new user verification system you should be aware of. Check this thread!Dismiss Notice
Publish Notes from 2005-02-09
Publish Notes from 2005-02-09
Publish 30 Updates and Bug Fixes
UO Team 02 Feb 2005 00:00:00 EST
Publish 30, as with most game publishes, contains a number of game updates and bug fixes. This article contains a summary of the game improvements that came about with Publish 30.
Publish 30 contains the following changes, fixes, and additions:
NOTE: This is not a final list and may change before this publish goes live. We will post a final list of Publish 30 details as we are ready to publish to the production shards.
(Stratics note: The above notice still appeared even in the final version of the publish notes.)
- Treasures of Tokuno Phase 1
- Fight the creatures that inhabit the Tokuno Islands to recover unique Samurai Empire treasures
- Almost any creature on the islands or in the dungeons of Tokuno has a chance of rewarding you 1 of 20 different minor artifacts
- Your chances of finding an item are scaled based on the fame of the creature
- Recovered Tokuno items are placed in your bag (or bank if your can’t carry anymore)
- This is a limited duration event
- Archery has been reverted back to its pre-Pub 29 “fire and forget” state until a more comprehensive solution can be implemented
- Houses can no longer be demolished if the house’s moving crate still has items in it.
- Vendors will no longer have “the vendor” appended to their names.
- Failed unstuck teleports no longer count against a player’s total uses per day count
- Fixed a bug that didn’t remove the weight of gold that was in 2 piles when it got tithed
- Book of Bushido and Book of Ninjitsu now only take up the correct amount of storage when locked down in a house
- Big Fish Trophy will no longer disappear if not locked down
- Can no longer use Savage Kin Paint while in Animal Form
- Fixed an issue that reduced a player’s strength by 5 from logging out while under the effects of a Rose of Trinsic pedal under specific circumstances
- Potion kegs now weigh the correct amount. Full kegs now weigh 100 stones, while empty kegs weigh 20 stones.
Spell Casting/Spell Crafting Improvements
- Players can now craft Necromancy scrolls
- Players can now craft Spellbooks with magic properties
- Can now sell Necromancy scrolls to NPC mages
Creature and Spawning Fixes/Adjustments
- Fixed the issue causing tame Fire Beetles to not do the correct amount of damage
- Ranged poison cloud attack given to Yamandon and Serrado. This ranged attack does 20-25 points of direct damage plus level 5 poison to its target