CCP Loxy asks for volunteers for the Ninth Alliance Tournament.
The Team here is proud to announce the 9th Alliance Tournament is on its way and will be kicking off this June!
We’ll be spicing up the rule set once again and bringing in some new faces and fresh ideas for EVE TV’s coverage. There will be a full dev blog on the tournament itself in a few weeks which will cover the rules and sign up details.
For those who missed the last one – all the matches from Alliance Tournament VII and VIII are available on CCP’s YouTube channel.
EVE TV’s Player Expert Team
We will once again be opening up the application process for players who would like to be PVP Experts, these elite players are handpicked by us to fly out to Iceland for the tournament finals played over two weekends.
As an Expert you’ll be on the set discussing the tournament, tactics, teams and talking with developers about EVE live on air. You’ll also take shifts in the commentary booth providing live commentary on the matches themselves. You need to know your PvP and you need to know how to keep on talking!
Alliance Tournament IX will take place over two weekends in June, You’ll be flown out to Reykjavik, Iceland to join the team here at CCP HQ to help us run the show during the live broadcast of the final weekend. Flights (from all Icelandair destinations) and accommodation are supplied by us. All you need is a little spending money.
So you’re interested? Next step is to check this short list and make sure you match what we’re looking for!
- Can you come out and play? Selected experts will need to hold a valid passport (we will require scans to confirm this at a later stage) and be available to fly to Iceland on the 9th and back on the 20th of June.
- A sense of humor is a must: Experts will need to be sharp-witted, knowledgeable, presentable and comfortable with talking on camera and into a microphone. To greater the chances of getting through, we highly recommend submitting any pre-made or purpose filmed video you have of yourself (link to a YouTube clip!) as part of your application.
- You need to know your PvP: We don’t despise industrialists, mission-runners and miners but as this is a PvP tournament, you need to be well versed.
- You must be 21+ in order to apply.
If you are interested in taking part, please email us at [email protected] by 23:59 GMT (Eve Time) on Sunday the 3rd of April with the following information. Those lucky enough to be selected for the second round of eliminations must be available to attend voice chat interviews on Saturday the 9th of April. The chosen experts will be announced by the 15th of April.
- Character and real name.
- Date of birth.
- Nationality and current country of residence.
- Tell us about yourself, both in game and out. Remember what you’re applying for and sell yourself to that effect.
- Confirm you are available between the 9th and 20th of June to fly to Iceland. If you need to book time off work / school please don’t do it until we accept you; but please check that it is possible, if there is any doubt here please let us know.
- Remember your applying to be on TV! Include any multimedia you think shows you off, all of the experts chosen for the last Tournament had sent in video clips/links to YouTube!
Remember applications close on the 3rd of April! So get mailing!
As a final bonus the Tournament Team will be at Fanfest 2011 running the Fanfest Tournament. During the event we’ll be offering attendees the opportunity to commentate on matches live at the venue. If anyone is applying for a spot on the Alliance Tournament and also happens to be attending Fanfest you would be well advised to seek out the Tournament area and show us your natural talent on the mic!
A final note: The Tournament from the perspective of an Expert is an amazing experience. You get to take part in a unique production, fly to Iceland, get a tour around the CCP office and chat to developers like almost no other players will ever get the chance to. But with great power comes great responsibility, planning and promotional shows take place during the weeks up to the final show and you may not be asked to fly to Iceland if you fail to take part, or become unavailable during this time!