CCP Fallout shares the final result of the Charity Drive. A staggering 44k USD!
On March 15, 2011, the EVE Online community began a charity drive to help those devastated by the earthquake, tsunami, and resulting nuclear power plant issues that began in Japan earlier in the month. EVE Online players contracted PLEX and ISK to the CCP PLEX for Good in-game. The drive, which ended on March 31, 2011, was extremely successful, and we are pleased to report that $44,607.50 USD was raised by players during the two week period.
The breakdown of donations was as follows:
- 2497 PLEX were donated through 665 contracts.
- There were 18 ISK donations totaling 19.6 billion ISK. 52 PLEX were purchased in-game using these donations.
In total, 2549 PLEX were collected, and 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Red Cross in the name of “EVE Online Community.” More information about how funds are collected and donated via the PLEX for Good program can be found in this FAQ.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank several people who went above and beyond the call of duty to help raise money for those in need:
- Viaris has spent over 50 billion ISK on purchasing PLEX in-game and donating it to the drive.
- Vehrokh’s RL Emergencies Charity was formed by Vaerah Vahrokha, who created her in-game charity foundation to aid players who wish to donate but do not have the means to purchase a full PLEX in-game.
- EVE Radio deejay DJ Wiggles continues his support for the PLEX for Good program by holding drives during his radio show live on the air.
The efforts of these players and countless others continue to demonstrate the passion, care and concern the EVE Online community has for those in desperate need.
PLEX for Good is an on-going charitable program initiated by the players of EVE Online. Past drives have assisted the victims of the Haiti earthquake and excessive flooding in Pakistan. To date, EVE Online players have donated over $108,000 USD (over 6100 PLEX) to those in need via this program, with almost $155,000 USD being donated by EVE Online players to charity since 2004.